Search Jobs Contact Us Register/Apply

Medical Technologists U.S. International Program

What is the H1B process?

The H1B visa is a non-immigrant work visa that allows U.S. employers to hire foreign workers with specialized skills to work in the U.S. for a specific period of time. Typically, the roles require a bachelor’s degree per equivalent. 

To be eligible for the H1B visa, you will need:

  • A valid job offer from a U.S. employer for a role that requires specialty knowledge
  • Proof of Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience in that field
  • Employer shows that there is a lack of qualified U.S. applicants for that role
  • Education: 4-year Bachelor's Degree in Medical Laboratory Science, Medical Technology, Biology Science, or Chemistry
  • Certification – ASCPi
  • Must be a foreign educated Medical Technologist or an International Student trained in the U.S for Medical Technology OR must be a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS), Medical Lab Tech (MT), Clinical Laboratory Scientist or Histotech, seeking work in the U.S that includes immigration sponsorship (H1-B and Green card) 

Apply Now   Free eGuide


The H1B Visa Process

H1B Visa Process